Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Carpe Diem #1383 Moses (Musa)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at a new episode of our wonderful Kai in which we are exploring the holy scripture of Islam, the Quran. I have said it several times this month ... there are a lot of similarities between the Quran and other holy scriptures, especially the Bible.
Today I love to look at a very important prophet in the Quran and in the Bible, Moses. You all will (maybe) know the story of Moses, the jewish boy who was placed in the river and became a prince of Egypt. He became the "voice of God" as God decided to free his people from the slavery in Egypt. This same story we find in the Quran, another clue that the Quran is written through the wisdom and knowledge of Muhammed as I stated yesterday in our post, but as I also have said often this month of course I respect the idea that the Quran was given by God to Muhammed, but I also think that everyone has the right to have his / her ideas and thoughts.

Moses (Musa) Persian miniature 15th century

Let me give you the verses for today's inspiration:

[...] "When Moses said to his people: “O my people! Remember the favor of God on you when He made prophets among you and made you kings and gave you what He has not given to any of the other peoples. O my people! Enter the holy land which God has decreed for you and do not turn back, otherwise you would turn about losers”. They said: “O Moses! There is a mighty people in it; we will not enter it until they go out of it. If they go out, we will enter it”. Then two men who fear [God] whom God has given favor to said: “Enter on them by the gate. Once you have entered you will be victorious. Put your trust in God if you are believers”. They said: “O Moses! We will never enter it as long as they are in it. Go you and your Lord and fight. We will sit here”. He said: “My Lord! I do not control other than myself and my brother, so separate between us and the rebellious people”. He said: “It shall then be forbidden for them for forty years in which they shall wander in the earth, so do not grieve for the rebellious people”. [...] (The Chapter of al-Ma’ida (The Table) (5.20-26)

The above verses could have been taken directly from the Bible, because in almost the same words, you find this story in the Bible.

clouds fighting
a spring wind is raging
through nature

© Chèvrefeuille

With this verse I conclude this episode, a short one, just because of lack of time. 

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until March 13th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our new episode later on.


No comments:

Post a Comment