Friday, April 28, 2017

Chèvrefeuille's Gift to You to Celebrate Our First Luster Of Carpe Diem Haiku Kai #2 "Use That Quote"


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

A few weeks ago I started this special feature to celebrate our upcoming first luster. In this special feature I give you a challenge built from the special features which we have had here at our Haiku Kai.

This time I have chosen to create a "special" episode of our "Carpe Diem Use That Quote" feature in which the goal is to create haiku, tanka or another Japanese poetry form inspired on a quote.
For this special festive feature I have chosen a quote by (my master) Matsuo Basho, one of the "big-five" haiku poets of all times.

Basho tree (banana plant)

Here is the quote for your inspiration:

“There is nothing you can see that is not a Bashoflower; there is nothing you can think that is not the moon”. Matsuo Basho

And here is my response on this quote:

hidden in the mist
fields of thousand tulips
waiting for the sun


© Chèvrefeuille

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until May 6th 10.00 PM (CET). Have fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment