Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Carpe Diem #1197 (theme week 3) Butterbur (Fuki no Tou)


Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at a new episode of CDHK. This week, as you know all, we have a "theme-week" in which I only use classical kigo of plants. Today I have another nice kigo for you. Again by the way a plant I didn't heard of earlier. Our classical kigo for today is Butterbur (Fuki no Tou). Here is a short background on this plant.

Petasites is a genus of flowering plants in the sunflower family, Asteraceae, that are commonly referred to as butterburs and coltsfoots. They are perennial plants with thick, creeping underground rhizomes and large rhubarb-like leaves during the growing season.

Butterbur has been used for over 2000 years to treat a variety of ailments including fever, lung disease, spasms, and pain. Currently, butterbur extract is used for migraine prevention and treatment of allergic rhinitis, which have the most evidence for its effectiveness.

Butterbur (Fuki no Tou)
Well ... another short post I think, because I had (again) a very busy day. I hope you are inspired through this short post and I hope to read a few nice haiku with this kigo.

I have tried it:

nature's medicine
providing us with all we need
no more pain


© Chèvrefeuille

Not as strong as I had hoped, but .... well I have given it a try.

This episode is NOW OPEN for your submissions and will remain open until April 30th at noon (CET). I will try to publish our next episode, Acanthopanax, later on. For now .... have fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment