Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Carpe Diem #613, Solace


!! I publish this episode earlier than I normally do, because I am in the nightshift !!
Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Our prompt for today could have been part of our last Vision Quest, it's very much in tune with that Quest's deeper goal, because our prompt for today is Solace (or consolation). This is a really nice prompt and I love to tell you a little bit more about my past.
As you all maybe know I have written a novel (a kind like Tolkien's Lord of the Rings) and I remember that I wrote that novel in a way of seeking for solace or consolation next to my busy (and often very sad) job as an oncology-nurse. That novel gave me the feeling of "hiding for the sadness and sorrow of my oncology-patients" I could create my own world without that sadness and sorrow.
As I published the novel and read the whole story again I certainly realised myself that I had written about my own life in a certain way. And that's also what I heard from my readers. It was very comforting, soothing to hear that, because I wrote it for solace and consolation ... and I realised that I had reach the goal which I had set for myself ...



As I look at me being a haiku poet I have that same feeling again. It's comforting, soothing and giving me solace as I write/compose my haiku and share it with the world. I think every haiku I write/compose is part of a proces of consolation. I can give words to the thoughts and feelings I have and bring them back to that little poem, we all love so dearly ... haiku ...

Today's prompt, solace, will not be an easy theme to write haiku about, but of course I have to try it ...

smooth touch of velvet
her soft white skin, her blond hair,
my
Golden Retriever

© Chèvrefeuille

Hm ... something I hadn't thought that it would come to my mind inspired on solace ... but I think it's quit well ...


This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until November 29th at noon (CET). I will publish our new episode, the fifth haiku by Tomas Tranströmer, our featured haiku poet, later on. For now ... have fun!


5 comments:

  1. A wonderful haiku, Chevrefeuille -- our pets really do bring us some comfort when we're down. But until that third line I thought you were going in a totally different direction. Shame on me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you cope with the suffering you see in your job very well . I admire and feel humbled by people who do this work.I can understand how your creative writing helps you a lot.Your haiku is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pet-less now. But my favorite was a collie-mix we got from the shelter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely haiku, I had to smile as I was not thinking of a pet either:)

    ReplyDelete