Thursday, July 31, 2014

Carpe Diem #529, Foot-prints


!! I am still in the nightshift, so I publish this episode a bit earlier than I normally do !!

Dear Haijin, visitors and travelers,

Welcome at the first episode of our new CDHK-month August in which we will explore and discover the beauty of the words of Khalil Gibran as shared in his "Sand and Foam" (1926), a book full of wonderful aphorisms. I think this will become a wonderful month in which we will take another path ... a path full of spirituality and joy.

"Sand and Foam" starts with the following poem, from which I distilled the first prompt of this month:

I am forever walking upon these shores,
Betwixt the sand and the foam,
The high tide will erase my foot-prints,
And the wind will blow away the foam.
But the sea and the shore will remain
Forever.

© Khalil Gibran

I think this is a wonderful poem and it sets the ''mood'' of this book. I am a fan of Khalil's writings and I have read all his books, "Sand and Foam'' is however the first of his books which I have read in English. I was caught immediately by his beautiful words ... and I hope you all will have (or get) the same feeling.

This month our Carpe Diem Specials will return and for those Specials I am given permission to use haiku by Jim Kacian, co-founder of the World Haiku Association and owner of Red Moon Press, the biggest publisher of haiku books in the world. I am glad that I may use his haiku this month.

Credits: Foot-prints in the sand
This first prompt of this new CDHK-month is almost a little episode of Carpe Diem "Distillation'' and of course you may use the goals of CD-distillation for this episode, that's all up to you, feel free ...

I love to share an older haiku, which I shared in February 2012 for the Haiku Challenge of SiS.

a little verse
to leave my footprint on the Internet
scent of Honeysuckle

scent of Honeysuckle
makes me slumberous
dreaming of passion

dreaming of passion
while walking along the seashore
with the one I love

with the one I love
I undertake a journey
into oblivion

into oblivion
with my pencil and paper
a little verse

a little verse
caught me years ago with it's beauty -
addicted forever

© Chèvrefeuille

I loved creating this new episode of our Haiku Kai and I hope you all will like it. I am looking forward to your inspired haiku and I hope to see and read new names ...

This episode is open for your submissions tonight at 7.00 PM (CET) and will remain open until August 3rd at noon (CET). I will try to post our next episode, mist, later on. For now ... have fun, be inspired and share your haiku with us all.

2 comments:

  1. I loved the haiku series Chevrefeuille --- haiku does get to be an addiction. ;)
    All the best ---

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love yours, K!
    Mine is up at: http://purplepeninportland.wordpress.com/2014/08/03/toe-prints/

    ReplyDelete